Workers’ Compensation Injuries
The following are common types of injuries that are typically covered by Workers’ Compensation Benefits.
- Preexisting conditions that the workplace accelerates or aggravates. Examples may include a back injury, even though you don’t notice the pain from the injury until later.
- Injuries caused during breaks, lunch hours, and work-sponsored activities (such as a company picnic), and at-work injuries caused by company facilities, such as a chair in the company lunchroom.
- Diseases such as lung cancer, if contracted by exposure to toxins at work as a result of normal working conditions.
- Injuries resulting from mental and physical strain brought on by increased work duties or work-related stress. In some states, this includes employees who develop a disabling mental condition because of the demands of the job and a supervisor’s constant harassment.
Have You Suffered A Work Related Injury?
Here are some guidelines on what you should do if you believe you suffered a work injury covered by Workers’ Compensation:
- Report the injury to your employer
- Complete a claim form
- File the claim as soon as possible
Talk To An Experienced Workers’ Comp Lawyer Today To Protect Your Legal Rights
Workers’ Compensation laws are complex and they typically have specific timelines that must be followed with filing a workers’ comp claim. Fill out the form above to get connected with a Workers’ Comp Lawyer near you!